I was very impressed with this class the wealth of great driving instructors in our region.
Wored with Shelly Monfort and Mary Pozzi
- Think of the sapces in the slalom as a tunnel
- Don’t memorize the turns. You need to be present (in the moment)
- Look ahead and between the cones at the spaces to drive through
- For slaloms, the flatest line needs to be assessed to understand if more or bigger turns might be the quickets
- Think of course elements in terms of letter shapes C, S, D
- Don’t look too far ahead. You might lose sight of the current element
- Use the “what’s next” proess to keep in the present while on the course
- Fast hands - faster hands may be needed in slalom
- Unwind the wheel faster
- Don’t get greedy - Can’t get through the skid pad fast, you can only lose time on this element
- Driving the back side of slalom cones
- Get a faster start - it can be much more agressive that I was
- I was jerking the wheel. Really need to seek smaller, less jerky turns. FLuidity and linking.
- Don’t drive like DEVO (jerky)