In reviewing a few of the runs from video:
- technique was better; turning earlier, braking hard like I mean it
- only a couple of hiccups with over or understeer
- slalom seemed pretty good
- good car position
- used the width of the course
- body and hand postions looked good (seat upright, mostly 10/2)
- good on breathing and relaxation
- when I felt “jerky” I was able to smooth things out in next run
- didn’t understeer in increasing radius #3 or #5… but, probably could have gone harder
- better analysis of course map and understanding where I couldn’t make up speed.
- post-note runs indicated that I knew I wasn’t pushing enough
What Didn’t Work
- I didn’t drive hard enough. Coiuld have been faster throughout.
- Didn’t get to the edge of traction or the cars performance
- May have gotten distracted shooting pictures in grid
- Did not turn off PSM until I remembered it in the afternoon
- Needed to unwind faster in #5
- braked too early in #3
- Poor start a few times
- tried to modulate braking on #3 and lost too much speed
- Understeer in #5, #6 a couple of times. Minor due to slower speeds.
- could do better analysis of where to add more throttle
For Next Time
- Gotta get psyched up and go, go, go, go!
- Don’t land in the bottom 1/3 of times